Dienstag, 17. Juni 2008

She's glowing!

It's high time to add my own personal praise for one the very few movies I can't get enough of. I watched it again two weeks before with the flatmate and the player. I watched it yesterday after a stressful day of working on my diploma thesis, I was just in need. If it hadn't been 1 a.m. I just would've watched it a second time right after. Well, I just watched it again (after another hateful day of diploma thesis crap, I am SO FED UP TO THE BACK TEETH I JUST DID ONE EFFING PAGE TODAY, please let it be over soon). And I could give it another round just right now... God I love Stardust.

Yvaine is glowing brighter every time. If I continue watching this beautiful movie on a daily base I'll be blind by the end of the month ;). Really, that glowing is just... I don't know... the sweetest, cuddliest, cutest, awwwwwwwwwest thing I've ever seen in a movie. Just thinking of it makes me grin and probably glowy for myself. Yeah, Claire Danes does add to the warm impression, I confess. Hey, wouldn't it be sooo great, if every girl shone and twinkled when she's happy? ... Okay, they actually do that, but... you know what I mean.

Though the gleaming really IS the one thing that raises this movie beyond every other, it's just plain beautiful on so many other levels. The landscapes, the pictures, the people, the adventure, the humor, the score... *sigh*. And she's glowing. Did I mention the glowing? I am sorry Mister Gaiman, I'm with the player on this: Compared with the movie, your book (on which the movie is based) is only ... nice. Yes, there are occasions where a movie actually IS better than the book. The book isn't really that bad, it's just so much more serious and less gleamy than the movie and so very... different. Definetly no Sandman, but that's another genre again.

Anyways, the humor. The scene where Tristan and Yvaine meet for the first time alone is pure gold:

"... and over there it's where [the star] landed, and right here... this is were it got hit by a magical FLYING MORON!"

"So you're gonna be a birthday gift for Victoria, my true love!"
"HUH! But of course! Nothing says 'romance' like the gift of a kidnapped injured woman!"

She didn't glow then, though. Which she does later on. A lot. After she's fallen in love with Tristan. Awwww, just look at her on the left....

If you, dear reader, haven't seen the movie yet, DO SO! I really mean it. I won't allow you to read another blog-entry, if you don't!

6 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Actully, before that scene where they meet in the crater, I didn't know if I'm going to like that movie (not really my genre).
After that Line with the flying moron I knew it was going to be good.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hey, how dare you watch that movie over and over again without me? Are you out of your frakking mind, you completely non-magical, non-flying moron?

I'm not sure I'd rate the glowing as the awwwwwwwwwest thing ever but it definitely is very high up on the all time list of awwwwwwwwweness.

Anonym hat gesagt…

This is me testing the awwwwwwwwwesomeness of OpenID.

Hey, Starstuff, wanna watch the movie with us when you finally get to Berlin?

Batch hat gesagt…

Well, DUH! You weren't there, that's how I dared.

Turns out, I really need alot of awwwwwwwwweness these days to relax from you-know-what.

The girl with "star" in her name hasn't seen the movie yet? Oh, bitter irony... ;)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Why don't you watch all these $somebody beats $someone up and lots of $stuff gets blown to smithereens movies when I'm not there? Wie wärn das mal? HÄ??

And I have no idea whether stargirl has already seen it. Not that it matters with a movie you can watch over and over again...

Anonym hat gesagt…

Love to! Though it would only happen after I finally get through my frakking exams - who doesn't like to have three of them three days in a row? *argh*

But I am desperately trying to get the movie through Amazon DVD rental or Amango ... so far it hasn't shown up yet. You guys were so full of praise that I can't wait to see it. It better be good! :P