Dienstag, 22. April 2008

FedCon XVII Prologue

Yay! Post #200! And yet just a little appetizer, since there won't be enough time for the beginning of the real report before the weekend.

FedCon XVII was one of the, maybe THE, best conventions so far. The stars, the tens of thousands of old and new people I met... whoah. Since I failed so miserably with last year's review I'll try another approach this time. The flatmate has already started posting her personal review which will be incredibly detailed (believe me, this girl evolved into a frakking typing machine during the trip home, I witnessed the whole thing) - and probably incredibly similiar to my own memories (well, duh! We saw the same panels, laughed at the same quotes and even shared the same notes ;) ).

So here's the plan: No chronological report. Just bits 'n' pieces, probably more focused on the few things, the flatmate won't cover (if any). I'm thinking of a series of specialized reports. The panels, the reactions to my drawings, the encountered old and new friends, to name a few that come to mind. Don't know yet - I really have to check with the flatmate what material she's not using in her report to spare you reading the same things twice.

So, if you wanna know about my new personal BSG-Godess' squeaks (dammit, I really SHOULD have done that frakking photosession with Leah and Nicki), what Firefly's Kaylee and B5's rangers have in common, how many guests did see Jamie Bamber naked and what the frak Brent Spiner has to say about Battlestar Galactica - stay tuned!

5 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I'm waiting, Batch! C'mon! :) I hardly recall anything from the B5 actors, I hope you can write lots about them. I just wasn't able to do two things at the same time :)

Alyx Sands hat gesagt…

I'd be afraid of calling "that flatmate" a girl, you know?

Alyx Sands hat gesagt…

Ooh yeah, I forgot-it's me, Sandy....

Batch hat gesagt…

>I'd be afraid of calling "that flatmate" a girl, you know?

I'm not ;). She isn't that old. And FedCon DOES have it's ways to turn adults into teenagers... ;)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Meeee? Girly? Fan-girly even? Never! Not even when Mary happens to enter the lobby giggling after the traditional Sunday evening dinner. Nope.